Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Introduction!

Sallam,

I'm Afsanah. An engineering student who loves biology, studying Pashto, drawing and roses.

The purpose of this blog is for me to document my attempts at developing the ability to cook afghanish food--something I've grown up eating, but have yet to master. Most of the recipes will be my interpretations of my mother's recipes. If I do use an internet or book recipe, I'll be sure to cite it for you. I'm not going to start off cooking qabuli, kuch-ri-krut or tandoori chicken (in an actual tandoor btw). Rather, I'll be starting with dishes like beans, white rice, leray (okra) and sabuh (spinach). I want to document a strong and full-proof personal recipe of traditional dishes that I can always rely on.

I'm not a stranger to cooking, but I don't have lots of skill/experience with it either. What I'm going for is to develop the finesse that my mother and other cooks of her caliber possess. I want to develop a distinct taste that you could identify me by. Yeah, weird. I know. 

Of course occasionally I will post not entirely or at all afghan food posts, but whatever! I do what I want. >:D

No comments:

Post a Comment